A couple of years ago, I made Deauther with Firebeetle esp8266 on a home etched FR4 PCB - it was great, it was fun,
and then I forgot about it. Recently I found it in some old stuff and decided to make a new one, but with a better look and feel.
I mill new PCB, solder everything, upload some new code, and surprise - deauther not de-authenticate anything.
I spend hours of debugging until I found that the new SDK of esp8266(currently 2.7.2) has no longer support wifi_send_pkt_freedom
that sends whatever packet you want it to send, which is crucial for deauth flow.
With many tries and errors, and found a simple solution.
First, I install an old version of esp8266 - 2.0.0, patch some files, and build the sketch in Arduino.
Update esp8266 back to the latest version (2.7.2). This step is necessary in order to upload the bin file from step 1 via the eps tool from Arduino. The upload command is run from the terminal.